Sunday, June 29, 2008

Neimans v. Saks

Now, over the years the quality of these stores has changed dramatically. The way the salespeople approach you, how they sell to you, the frequency with which they provide their business cards, their suggestions for other purchases that don't necc. need but they you think about later and say, well maybe, yes, that is something I need...It's a little unfair to lump Neimans under here but Neimans has been on this downward spiral so I feel that it is somewhat justified. Saks died some time ago - of course, to be fair, my only shopping experiences since October have been with returning gifts.
My only point here is that, well, I'm exhausted again. We wait with rapid anticipation for me to get a diagnosis of narcolepsy. But for now. Back to bed. I mean, it is 9:30 am. Understandable that would need to go back to sleep...