Friday, September 19, 2008

More...

To continue my saga, I go over to the neighbor, simply to ask, how long will this be going on? I do this wearing the B'nai Mitzvah flannel pants from some twins in my brother's class and a worn out Stanford sweatshirt and mismatched socks. She begins violently gesturing and babbling quickly in something that simply is not a language. I repeat my question more slowly and clearly, hoping I will at least get something resembling some language I'm familiar with, and considering that's everything except African languages, I have a pretty good shot. But she continues on in her nonsense "language" and points at the door across the hall. At which point I notice that I am actually still hearing the noise, but much more softly. So I can't figure out, is she paid by the person in that apartment to do construction or is that person actually doing the construction. But the latter is an impossibility given how loud it was in my apartment. So there must be construction going on in both apartments. But I don't care about the other apartment so her pointing there is what is throwing me off. I'm thinking the head person must be working there. I think she just went on her lunch break so I'll hassle the head fellow when she comes back and the sound of a drill boring into my head starts again.