Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Dr. House is not a firm believer in strict adherence to hard work"


I had forgotten how much I love House until last night. My obsession with all things medical obviously is a bonus but it's really his remarkable attitude problem and total disrespect for authority that draws me to the show. The only reason I'd forgotten is that I realized that, unlike other things I like, I only need to watch House episodes once, i.e., nothing is gained from watching them multiple times whereas other shows can be better understood and appreciated with multiple viewings. Ergo, I haven't watched House in probably a year, because I also only like to watch multiple shows at once. So last night was a rather delightful dip back into his crazy-competent waters. I appreciate his drug addiction, his bizarre obsessions with certain women and inability to deal with others, his total self-obsession, to the point where the life of others is in danger, really just everything that is appalling about his personal character. The rejection of traditional rules is really the key.