Friday, September 19, 2008

Communal Living

When I lived in London, I worked with this total asshole who in response to my complaints about the unbelievable amount of noise the people who lived above me made commented, well, that's what you get for living in communal housing. As though I'd chosen to live in an apartment in east london with hypodermic needles outside the front door over a house in the suburbs just for kicks. I thought of this today because the asshole who lives next door to me is evidently building one of those wooden play homes from scratch, as far as I can tell from the amount and type of noise coming from next door. I mean, what the fuck? This has been going on for two days and seriously, you would think they were building an apartment from scratch over there. Then in the afternoon, the jerk plays music. I need to do two things: 1) chill out a little bit about this temporarily and 2) move into the other room and sleep on the couch and forgo my extravagant mattress. But seriously, I am going to ask him how long this is going to last because I am very ill and this is unacceptable.