Wednesday, July 25, 2007

One reason I'm glad I'm not a doctor

I think it might be very stressful if you worked in a team environment and when you went on vacation someone else took over for you and that someone else was not as competent or as dedicated to the job. Thus, it would be very hard for me to take vacations because the result might be very serious for the patients, moreso than when you go on vacation from other types of jobs and the less-competents take over. I mean, no one is going to die because the filing wasn't made on time or the clause in the document was drafted incorrectly. There must be other reasons I'm glad I'm not a doctor, although I can't actually think of them. I should have at least prepared to go to medical school, on the off-chance that I decided I wanted to. I think I took one of the classes I would need to have taken undergrad, and that was entirely coincidental. If only I could go to med school without all the background stuff. In the evening. Or over the internet. It would just be very interesting - I don't think I'd need a degree I could practice with. It would just be nice to self-diagnose more effectively. Although I seem to be just as good as my doctors over the last few years.