Thursday, July 12, 2007

Epipen


Is evidently a formulary. This was shocking to me because I am pretty sure I've been hearing about epipens longer than the protected period. I also would like to point out to pharmacists that one of their jobs is to assist patients with questions, such as, excuse me sir but as I may end up in anaphylactic shock anytime in the next hour due to a recent allergic reaction (ergo the reason I am filling this prescription, barely able to talk and unable to stand on my own) could you explain how one uses an epipen? The appropriate response to that is not, call us when you need to use it. It's for when you can't breathe, you prick. I swear Walgreens, if I wasn't so angry with CVS, I would have nothing to do with you. I'm going to have to find a pharmacist who has hung up a shingle or something.