Wednesday, July 18, 2007

John Deere at your doorsteps! [sic]


My spam from 2038 recently made this promise. It caused me to reflect on what a hysterical practical joke it would be to have a john deere tractor delivered to someone's apartment. It would be a very expensive joke, so it would have to be somehow highly relevant or hints and clues would have to be dropped ahead of time to justify the expenditure, but it would really be almost absurdly funny. I mean, I wonder if they would even consent to such a delivery. Like, they would have to know something was up when the delivery address was like, Apartment 9H, New York, NY. So it might not even be possible. I wonder if they would attempt delivery. I don't know whether the john deere co itself facilitates delivery or if a common carrier of some sort is used. If the latter, there is the question of FOB what place and whether it just might be possible because the processing of the orders is done separately from the shipping. Actually, even trying to place the order might be hysterical, once you gave the shipping address. I think they would be too suspicious to place the order, in the end.