Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Beez

I think there may be a hive of bees living in my ceiling. Last night, a bug I originally thought was a fly ended up being a bee. The bug was hanging out on my ceiling, and ultimately, in one of my closets. It is unclear to me how the bee arrived and whether it left (I had to sleep in the bathroom to avoid it). But I continue to hear the bee-type noises. I am not the only one concerned with bees. Of course, he is also concerned with grizzly bears, which are no doubt a menace, but even I don't think a grizzly bear is going to come wandering into my bedroom. Plus I sort of think if you end up in a situation where there are grizzly bears, it is pretty much your own fault. Particularly if you live in the United States. And particularly if you have a computer and can read this. Unless somehow you are a grizzly bear that has learned to read and somehow use a keyboard, which I think would be hard with those bear claws. But it might be like those geico cave man commercials, which have kind of convinced me that cave men might still exist, and are being persecuted. So maybe similar commercials with web-surfing grizzly bears could cause an alternate universe to exist where grizzly bears might be able to comment on this post. You know, if collectively enough people believe something, it ends up being true - maybe the placebo effect of conscious reality? Or to be more exact, it isn't true, but the fact that it isn't true is essentially irrelevant, a technicality, since if everyone else is going to believe it, and the world believes it, then what's the point in not believing it? And doesn't not believing it just make you crazy then, even if it is true? That basically sums up what I realized about the world from a young age - it is made up of a lot of people who believe things that aren't true, but even if you're right, they'll never accept that they're wrong and you can choose to fight them or you can sleep. I vacillate between the two.