Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Headaches

So I find it fascinating enough that some people evidently get headaches from eating cold things. I forget what these are called, but I just even have trouble believing this is true, or understanding how you could allow it to happen to you more than once, given the dramatic reaction people have when it happens to them.
Ditto for my new headache finding, the "sugar headache." Evidently, some people get headaches as the result of excessive sugar intake. I discovered this in a posting in a nytimes article about obesity that went like this "Our preoccupation with weight and diet obscures the opportunity to feel great and comfortable in our bodies. Somehow the guilt of a pancake breakfast overrides the discomfort of the sugar headache that we endure all morning. " Like people are constantly having sugar headaches? I mean, I've never heard of this in my entire life.
Here's another one - headaches when the weather is icky. Now that one, I believe and it's not anyone's fault, but it does qualify as weirdness.