Friday, May 16, 2008

Spam scammers reach beyond Africa..."I have an obscured business suggestion for you"

Here is the latest. I post it as it deviates from the standard formula somewhat and the tone makes me laugh. The from e-mail address is UK, the address you are meant to reply to is a Hong Kong e-mail, and yet, oddly, the e-mail claims to originate from Russia.


"GREETING FROM RUSSIA"
To:
mrslarisasosnit07@yahoo.com.hk
Subject:
FOR YOUR KIND ATTENTION !!!
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2008 12:48:37 +0000 (GMT)

Mrs. Larisa Sosnitskaya
Personal treasurer to former C.E.O of
Yukos Oil Company and Bank Menatep,
31A, Dubininskaya St.115054 Moscow ,
Russia

FOR YOUR KIND ATTENTION !!!

It is understandable that you might be a little bit apprehensive
because you do not know me but I have a lucrative business proposal of mutual
interest to share with you as partners. I got your reference in my
search for someone who suits my proposed business relationship.

I am Mrs. Larisa Sosnitskaya, personal treasurer to Mr. Mikhail
Khordokovsky Former C.E.O of Yukos Oil Company and Bank Menatep here in
Russia. I have an obscured business suggestion for you. I will need you to
assist me in executing a business project from Russia to your country. It
involves the transfer of a large sum of funds over US$46(forty six)
million Dollars. Already the funds have left the shore of Russia to a
European Bank where the final crediting is expected to be carried out.
Everything concerning this transaction shall be legally done without
hitch. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters
concerning this issue.

But in summary, the funds come in via Bank Menatep to a more secured
Bank in Europe . This is a legitimate transaction. All I need from you is
to stand as the new beneficiary of the above quoted Sum and I will
re-profile the funds with your name, which will enable the European bank
transfer the sum to you. Then once the funds have been successfully
transferred into your account, you will be paid 20% for your "management
fees, please take note?

I will prefer you reach me on my private email address
(mrslarisasosnit07@yahoo.com.hk).

As Soon as I confirm your readiness to partner and assist me on the
transaction, I will provide you with the full details contain therein and
my identification
.
NB: I advice you read more of this ordeal from


http://www.supportmbk.com
http://newsfromrussia.com/main/2003/11/13/51215.html
http://mikhail_khodorkovsky_society.blogspot.com/

Please if you are not interested delete this email and do not hunt me
because I am putting my career and the life of my family at stake with
this venture. Although nothing ventured is nothing gained.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mrs. Larisa Sosnitskaya
(mrslarisasosnit07@yahoo.com.hk)