Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Movie binge

I like to do things to excess. Even if I didn't like it, that's who I am. Sometimes I do nothing, then I do lots of things. Right now is a "lots of things" time. In the past two days I've seen:
--> The Pursuit of Happyness (Widescreen Edition) (ok);
--> Catch & Release(disturbing, but the celestial seasonings thing was awesome);
--> Freedom Writers (Widescreen Edition)(ok);
--> Auntie Mame (most excellent);
--> Born into Brothels (good - but a documentary so appreciation will vary);
--> Being There (bizarre).
--> Music and Lyrics (Widescreen Edition) (awesome)
--> The Last King of Scotland (Widescreen Edition) (good)
--> Failure to Launch (Special Collector's Edition) (prosaic hollywood)
--> The Queen (over-hyped)

UPDATE:
--> Borat - Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (Widescreen Edition) (okay, but not nearly as good as I thought would be)
--> Bend It Like Beckham (Widescreen Edition) (brilliant)
--> Amadeus (brilliant - another I can't believe I just saw now)
--> Orange County (Ws Sub) (okay)
--> The Weather Underground (wow. basically someone let spoiled self-involved white kids get totally out of control. what idiots)
--> Blood Diamond (Widescreen Edition) (good)
--> Bride and Prejudice (boring, almost inexplicably, but I was totally bored)
--> Babel (hmmm. kind of like traffic, if traffic weren't compelling and were more concerned with politics and cinematography than the story. oh, and over-hyped)
--> Declining by Degrees: Higher Education at Risk (interesting documentary that kind of hits the wrong points on what's wrong with higher education)
--> Akeelah and the Bee (Widescreen Edition) (beautiful. makes you cry in a happy way)


I pseudo-watched the following, which I though I hadn't seen previously, but was mistaken:
--> Vanity Fair (2004) (Widescreen)
--> 21 Grams