Wednesday, March 11, 2009

God Bless America...

...and the occasional random laws that manage to pass that actually protect average citizens, entirely contrary to the goal of America, that being to crush 90+% of people's spirits into submission to the man. But, one of the winners prevents the jerk living somewhere in the radius of 4-5 floors on either side of me from using a jackhammer at 7am. Of course, if I find him, he will, mysteriously not be jackhammering anymore, ever. Let's say. But I did feel better on finding a maintenance employee a floor up frantically searching for the source of the noise as well. Better, as I'd specifically been told that this unacceptable maintenance and construction could not legally occur so early (because this is like the upmteenth time over the past 6 months, usually involving me finding construction workers who speak no english - see earlier posts - of course, query legality, as there is absolutely no shortage whatsoever of workers who will do construction in the heart of america at a time when the umemployment rate is hovering near 7-10% and it is relatively difficult to pass through the american educational system and have absolutely zero english profeciency. As in, unable to communicate in english that you don't speak english. I can, right now, perform that feat of wonder in 6 languages in whose countries I haven't illegally been working). So, WTF. Honestly, and they wonder why people are forced to resort to vigilante violence. Enforce the laws and make this world liveable, now. I really cannot listen to any more construction.