Friday, August 01, 2008

Layered Feelings of the day

I don't have the time to explain what I feel by layered feelings but suffice it to say I experience many different feelings and reactions and thoughts and experiences at the same time. Today, the predominant layered feeling is of being on my way to go see a movie in Paris. I lived there for a while and saw movies all the time (sometimes 3-4 times a week) but somehow my mind has managed to amalgamate all those experiences into some common elements, things that flash in the back of my head and immediately transport me, and I'm rushing along the Seine trying to make a film I should have left for 5 minutes earlier but as usual, couldn't get out of bed. And all of the city is rushing by as I'm walking at my break-neck pace, it almost feels like I'm flying.
And I never reach the theatre, of course. It's only about the experience, the part that is living, the part that reaches into your soul.