Saturday, June 02, 2007

Decision-making

I'm not much of a decision-maker. It's not that I'm indecisive, it's just that I don't get to the point where you actually make the decision. I tend to make decisions spontaneously, based on gut instinct or irrelevant factors. The stuff I really have to think through, weigh the possibilities and all that, the hard ones, cause me great distress because it matters and I need to figure out a way to choose between two options, a way to get to that fork in the road where I make the decision. I'm very good at helping other people through this process but refuse to listen to my own advice when it is my life that is concerned. I pretty consistently refuse to take my own, extremely well-thought out, rational, emotionally-balanced, advice. I suppose it's hard to balance emotions when you're trying to balance yourself.